Saturday, August 8, 2009

The long and winding road ....

Around here, sleep is a precious commodity sometimes. Last night was one of those nights. What a mess. He tosses and turns. I have to just lay there because of the back pain. I hate back pain. It's not fun at all. I've lived with it for years ... like 20 or so. You think i would be used to it but nope ... i don't think that you ever get used to pain.

So last night i took a Soma. Something that i don't do too often because they knock me on my ass, though they do help with the pain. Anyway, took a soma before i went to bed so i expected to be a lil pained for a while. I'm layin there .. its been like an hour/hour an a half since i have taken my pill and i hurt. Turning takes effort so i don't bother to turn, its not gonna help anyway untill ..... the pain in my hip screams at me to "roll over and get off me". So i roll .. get comfy again and the whole thing starts over. He seems to be sleeping so i try to be easy about the roll but you have to sit up, turn, lay back down ... its hard not to disturb the one next to you. Even if i had one of those mattresses that doesn't move the whole thing when you move .... theres no way to hide movement when you have to sit all the way up!

Anyway the bottom line is that i hate the pain and it loves me. The soma makes me loopy all day the next day and it still hurts my hips. I hate getting old!!