Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sights .. sounds ... and smells

Ok so around here you don't see too many strange things. Once I watched 3 guys drive a truck down the somewhat dry riverbed behind my house .. get it stuck then run like hell when they realized someone was watching them. See, they use that area of the river to bring the stolen cars or trucks .. strip them .. and then torch them. Not a good thing when the foliage on the river banks is dry and goes up in flames very easily. That's something you live with when you live on the river. Idiots are always messing around with things ... and fires are not an uncommon thing. Its to the point that we don't even call 911, we just call the fire dept on the other side of the river because they get here in 5 minutes vs the 20 mins or so when you call the 911 dispatch.

My neighbor is the one who always HEARS the fire. Out here they make a definite sound. The other side of the river is loaded with bamboo and when it burns there's a lot of snapping and popping. She hears that. I don't hear it until I'm awake and outside looking at where the fire is and where its going. If its coming near my house I wanna be ready to go. I've had a house burn down once in my life and I don't wanna do it ever again.

My gift is smelling it. I can be in a deep sleep and the smell of the fire will wake me up. Even then I don't hear it .. but I sure can smell it, so I know its burning. I smell lots of things. The smell of a fire burning, as long as its burning foliage and not trash, is kinda nice actually.

One smell I don't like ... is the smell of Master's cigarettes. He probably gonna get upset at this one but .. oh well .. I'm not sayin anything he doesn't already know. They say that sometimes smells will bring back memories. My mom smokes and I hate it .. Master smokes and I hate it. One of the worst is that he smokes right before bed and when he comes to bed ... he stinks. But when you love someone you overlook the shortcomings. This is one I choose to overlook. But I am tryin to get him to cut back then quit. Not just because I don't like the smell but because it's not good for him. He does smoke outside and I love him for that. But he doesn't always smell bad. When he's fresh outta the shower ... Mmmmm he smells absolutly wonderful! I love the smell of clean and when that smell is on my man .... HELL YEAH! ... thats the best smell around!